Known GRX problems and things that must be improved
- The memory driver allocates all planes in one chunk instead
of using real planes.
- Printing in 1200dpi on Laserjet supporting PCL6 doesn't work.
- Drawline can be faster. Now when we paint a long diagonal line,
invalidate rect is very big.
- Add a 16 bpp framedriver.
- The printing code doesn't work correctly.
- Try to make GrPixel faster.
- The driver can't respond to PAINT events, so it has problems with
XFree86 v4 because the backing-store is not enabled by default. The
best solution is to have a context to save the actual window (and the
GrPixel problem can be solved too). The workaround is to add next lines
to the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file, in the Device section:
Linux console framebuffer driver:
- Try to change modes if the underlaying framebuffer driver allow
- Complete the alternate direct mouse driver (now it only handles
PS/2 and IMPS2 mice).
- Use the alternate input driver even when the Svgalib driver is
so virtual consoles can be switched.
Linux console SVGALIB driver:
- Nedded alternate framedrivers for 1 and 4 bpp modes. The actual
using inport/outport instructions and doesn't work with svgalib 1.9.x
even with 1.4.x if the linux framebuffer is enabled.
VGA DOS driver:
- It can be improved a lot, replacing the generic funtions it uses.
- BitBlt to screen doens't work in 4bpp modes if the screen is not
set as the default context.